- 1 lb. bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- 1 Avocado
- 6 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves stripped from stem
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- Approximately 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces fresh English peas
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook until Al Dente.
- Toast the pine nuts in a small skillet over low heat until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor, combine the toasted pine nuts, basil, parsley, cheese, garlic, avocado, tarragon and lemon juice.
- Turn the food processor and slowly add the olive oil until a thick pesto forms. Season with salt and pepper and pulse to combine.
- Place the pesto in a large serving dish, add the peas, bell pepper, celery, green onion and red onion. Add a label of the starchy pasta salad water to the pesto and mix. Drain the pasta well and combine the pasta with the pesto. Combine all ingredients, season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. This dish is best served the next day.
Taft Street Winery, 2016 Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc