Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 12 farm fresh eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped red and yellow bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup chopped asparagus
- ½ cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup cream
- Sea salt
- Lemon Arugula Salad:
- 10 oz fresh arugula
- 1 pear
- ⅛ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one meyer lemon
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs and cream. Using a hand mixer, combine until eggs begin to fluff, season with salt and pepper.
- In a large sautee pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, peppers, zucchini and asparagus and sautee until soft, about 4-6 minutes.
- Line a large 6-muffin tin and fill each space about half way with the egg mixture, then place a large spoonful of the sauteed vegetables into each. Add a few tomatoes to each and divided the cheeses between the six “muffins”, tear or chop the spinach and divide into each “muffin”. Using the remaining egg mixture to fill each. Place into the oven until cooked thoroughly. About 15 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, chopped pear, pumpkin seeds, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Serve your individual spring vegetable frittata over a bed of this amazing and simple arugula salad and your guests will love it!
- Wine Pairing: 2012 Balletto Sparkling Brut Rose